This week has been really tough, but I'm right now about 20 minutes and one last look-over from having my immediate and slightly more distant future out of my hands. Which is nice, because every knows I'd rather be reactive than proactive (resolution again for 2007? Maybe.) And then I will take a nap. And then this evening I'll see Wilco here in Madison. And then tomorrow I'll go home and eat turkey. And sleep a lot on an air mattress.
I was leaving the house in a hurry this morning and trying to get my act together to submit all of these things at school. Basically, I needed a paperclip and spent about ten minutes looking for one. In my old life, I always had a paperclip, they were in my pockets like loose change. But now... no paperclips. Are paperclips things that people buy? They seem like they were made to be taken from work. But anyway, I spend all this time looking for them all the while knowing that there is a very good chance there is no paperclip in my whole apartment. So I'm looking in jewelery boxes, drawers, folders hoping I can lift one off something else... and eventually I found one.
After Thanksgiving I might start blogging about my search for wite-out, which I can promise will be just as thrilling as this little anecdote.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment