So, yes, it did snow a couple of days ago. BUT... but... I will stand by Madison being a great place to live (and the snow has melted, btw.)
Most recently, Exhibit A.:
Running late for a classmate's birthday lunch on State St. downtown, I roll up in the car. Can't find parking closest to the restaurant, end up parking a block or two away in a lot with meters. Now, I have a bunch of quarters, but, you know, I need those for laundry... so I only put 2 in the meter, buying myself approximately 28 minutes.
I go to lunch. Do a little shopping at the Gap. Come back to the car two hours later. Not only do I not have a ticket, but I had left 3 (yes, THREE) of the windows completely open. And the radio was still there! And everything else! I was and am very impressed.
I've also watched 3 people being stopped by the Madison Police in the past couple of days. Whether its plain schadenfreude or actual research for the search and seizure unit of criminal procedure as I may or may not have claimed last night... ("ooh, I hope that woman who drove the wrong way down a one-way has a weapon! yeah! And ten pounds of marijuana! yeah!") And this is a little more tangential, but after more run-ins with Louisiana Law Enforcement last week-- these cops are great! Also I could stand a little more frisking. If you know what I mean.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment