Yes, readers, it's finals season once again (for those of you not on an academic calendar, of course.) I did escape for a bit last night and headed out camping at Devil's Lake in scenic Baraboo, WI. Baraboo is home to the Circus World Museum, in case you were planning a road trip. Anyway, it was lovely but I didn't take any pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Also broke in my brandnew/old tent. And drank a lot. A lot. A lot of PBR.
I know I've said it before, but I am very, very much looking forward to summer. The past week or so has had a strong undercurrent of summer prep. I got my bike fixed. I bought an air conditioner. I bought a grill. I bought an annual pass to the WI State Parks. Ok, I realize this might just actually be about how much money I've spent in the last week (wow...) but I think they're justifiable expenses. Like how it's ok to go crazy at the grocery store, so long as you promise to eat everything you buy. They're offerings at the feet of the gods of summer... and at this rate, I'll get myself appointed Patron Saint of Fun by August.
And now there's just these next pesky two and a half weeks or so to get through... Hmm.
I'd rather be grilling.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
DEVIL's LAKE! one of the most memorable places in all of Bruckner history, as we packed all 10 of us into one van and drove there from NC. i still have a t-shirt at home from there. i turned 11 there. i remember railroad tracks. and our huge tent. and fun.
and driving past the circus thing in the rain.
childhood memories are crazy.
Post a Comment