I don't think I can play it off as anything but jealousy...
For the record, it's not the wedding I'm jealous of... it's the happy, smart, good-looking, successful part and maybe the "she's tough, she's feisty, she's fun" part, too.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you're carrie. she's natasha.
Um, somehow it seems like secretly reading the blog of someone that you know but haven't seen in while is really creepy. Especially because the next time I see you I will inevitably--and otherwise inexplicably--mention something that I kind of have no business knowing. It's not really fair (and maybe it would freak you out) if you don't have to catch me up.
So. I'm coming out as an erlignition junky. You and your archives totally helped me avoid writing a paper last night. Thanks! And if I didn't already know you, reading your blog would make me wish we were friends. Actually, since we don't really see each other or talk much, it kind of has been having that effect anyways.
As for the jealousy, your lawyering skills (and maybe your blogging, too) will likely make more of a difference in the world than that feisty girl's architecture lectures at the U of Connecticut or her real estate deals in New Haven.
Thanks, Jamie. Welcome. While you've been spying on me, I've been spying on you... see, I have one newish reader from Urbana and while I know one other person in Chambana... deduction said it was you (the other guy is cool, if you're looking for another friend.) Maybe the jealousy stems from realizing as time goes on, we're not going to be some things maybe we entertained as fantasy... like an Olympic figure skater... or a Rhodes scholar. It's time to face it, those don't look like they're going to happen for me... hmm... might have something to do with never having taken ice skating lessons and not being born a Sullivan. Oh well.
Ok, I will give you feisty and fun. I haven't seen tough crawl out of the woodwork, but I am sure that she's there too.
:)
Post a Comment