Saturday, February 09, 2008

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea

I realize I seem to be relying on MTV news a lot lately... but the video here is interesting. And disappointing. I guess I haven't really been paying attention to what Chelsea has been doing with herself (ever since chatting with her now-ex at the beer garden in the east village.) But according to this video, she is a hedge fund manager. And according to American Ferrera, aka Ugly Betty aka Betty La Fea aka A Real Authority on American Politics, the way Chelsea turned out is why we should elect Hillary. So the fact that Chelsea was a child, full of hope, potential, the best educational opportunities, parents with a sense of public service and affluence-- and decided her life's calling was juggling rich peoples' money-- is a reason to elect Hillary? Her parents are Bill and Hillary Clinton, she was a Rhodes Scholar... and now she manages a hedge fund. If anything, I think the Clinton campaign should be downplaying that since obviously Hillary didn't instill her values in her daughter. Or maybe she did. Does it make more sense for the daughter of a corporate lawyer and Wal-Mart board member to manage a hedge fund? A little. I think the potential of her situation is what frustrates me. Man, if I were Chelsea Clinton, I could get so much shit done. And I'd, like, have a staff.

And meanwhile, back from the Peace Corps, Jenna Bush wrote a book about an AIDS orphan in Panama.

Does this seem f-ed up to anyone else? What do you think Malia and Sasha will be when they grow up?

No comments: