Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Pet Peeve

So I get and respond to a lot of emails from law students all over the place. Most of them are great and doing amazing work and great to work with... some aren't. But there is this thing that a lot of them do (and looking back at old letters from my job at the clinic, people have done there, too.) They start emails with "My name is Mary Todd Lincoln and I am a 2L at Abraham University..." See, the email tells me the name of the person it is from... AND, if I were still curious, or if it were a letter and the outside of the envelope weren't enough explanation, you have still signed it! And most of these folks have email signatures, anyway! I apologize is anyone reading does this, but I do feel it is better to save you from yourself than to spare your feelings.

It is exactly this kind of redundancy that is ruining America.

No comments: