Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WWJD?

A couple of blocks near the law school, along my way from the bus stop, are all churches and campus christian organizations. I've lately wondered about the student priced Friday fish fry... but that's about it. In this record-breaking snowy winter (we have literally had the most snow ever in history,) there was this middle aged man shoveling and shoveling the wide sidewalk running along all these buildings. And I was walking down the sidewalk, and the man continued to shovel and continued to take up the whole sidewalk. And I tried to get by him. And he still didn't move, but he also didn't even acknowledge that I was there and knocked my feet with his shovel while I scooted around the outside, risking life and limb on the ice ridge. So I started the day rather incensed that this shoveler, thinking about how this guys' boss would disapprove. All I'm saying is that if Jesus were digging the UW fellowship out, he would have moved to the side and made eye contact. I also would be much more likely to attend the fish fry. You know, if Jesus were there.

No comments: