Saturday, February 23, 2008

There Oughta Be a Law...

My friend Sophy (Soap-ee) is very interested in entering the field of "false advertising" law. This is a kind law that if one didn't know already, soon upon entering law school, would see doesn't exist. It would, though, be a much easier explanation to laypeople of what I wanted to do than "get bad guys off." (What they hear, no matter what I say.) However, we greatly entertained ourselves on the trans-continental drive from New Orleans to Madison in January, pointing out all the "false advertising" and planning how to use the riches we would come by by suing the false advertisers.
This brings me to my other recent car trip where I pulled off the interstate, needing a gas station as a place to put some oil in my car and use the restroom. The sign with the little Citgo logo pointed left and I went left and went and went and went.... the gas station was in Wherever, WI approximately 3 miles off the expressway. Unacceptable and a prime example of false advertising. By my calculations, I should get a Prius out of this pain and suffering.

No comments: