
And drinking some patriotic tea at grandma's house.

At grandma's house I also tried to show a 92 year old woman how to use a cell phone-- frustration and hilarity ensued. But before that, hey-- remember when we went to Chicago and saw Wilco 4 times? Yeah, that was last weekend. Totally absurd, really. But also very fun. Maybe someday I will blog about it... no, probably not. So here is the mini-rundown: we volunteered with headcount the first night, and had awesome seats the other three nights. Wilco played every song off every album-- and more. I heard She's a Jar in concert, a personal goal (now that I've seen them TEN times?!?!) I was also amazed at how many folks seemed to bring stupid dates who had no idea what was going on and just waned to compare cell phones and yammer to these sold out shows that were impossible to get tickets for... BUT, they were a small annoyance. A+ Xmas/Anniversary/Valentine's gift, for sure.
In Chicago, I also found this delicious beer and mussels belgian restaurant that I was brought to after Pitchfork 2 years ago. And have been dreaming of every since. If we're ever in Chicago together, I will always be down for a beer and "mussels for two" at the Hopleaf. Yum. Yum.
And, finally, in this photo-essay of the past two weeks-- old bessie hit 180,000 on the way home this afternoon. And apparently I missed it.

No comments:
Post a Comment