When people decide to name their daughters Lindsey/Lindsay, how do they decide which one to use? A or E? Some of you might liken this to the Sarah/h issue, but I think it is fairly different as in a quick google, either spelling seems appropriate for either girls or boys (frankly, different from Sara/h since obviously the boy version of Sara/h is Saro/h. Also there is no indication that one is a more traditional spelling or anything, which there is for Sarah.
As you probably know, I am not really down with weird spellings... or nicknames. Like if Kristina had named her son Yojan... that would have been lame and we'd probably be getting divorced. So it's important for me to identify the "right" spelling of a name in order to feel uncomfortable with it spelled differently, ie. Sara. This is also why it's probably good none of my friends are celebrities.
Anyway, I was just thinking about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think Lindsay is way less trashing.
I don't think Lindsey/ay is that great of a name, no matter how you spell it. Silent "d"? Anti. My dad calls weird spellings/made up names "doodle names." what would be the unusual spelling of Barack?
-Khrystynuh
Post a Comment