No matter how bored/dissatisfied/overwhelmed whatever you are in your life... it is not a good idea to dye your hair yourself 3 times in 6 weeks. It is a bad idea. It's the kind of thing magazines and moms probably told you, but if you're like me, you think your strong, healthy hair and the shelter of youth with protect you. Not so. You will start with soft and lustrous hair. And, if you're like me, end up with dull and crunchy hair that looks exactly like it did before the whole process started. Except for the dull and crunchy part, obviously.
I have learned some things about home dyeing-- a) that shit stains and b) unclear whether you get what you pay for. This last round was a $3.99 variety which smelled exactly like Downy, but left me with the closest match to the box. Then again, it also left me with dull, crunchy hair.
Additionally, no matter how tempting it is... do not try to "fix" the situation by cutting your own hair.
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what no pictures to go with this injustice?
I don't think a photo would properly convey the dull/crunchy part. And luckily I stopped myself before I got too far on the "fixing." The bangs were the only casualties... but I do need some professional help with the rest. I'll see what I can come up with...
Post a Comment