Well... let's not go that far.
But in a lot of ways this period is like depression, but other people are going through the same thing and there aren't any drugs for it.
I keep having to force myself to do "relaxing" activities. Like drinking wine and watching 24. Uh, this used to be my FAVORITE activity-- whats wrong with me? Anyway, since finals started I have taken a bath every day (so this is good for my hygiene since we all know I am not normally a daily bather... or showerer, for that matter.) I don't know exactly what it is, I told a certain former roommate/current denizen of Los Angeles that in some ways I feel like I've never worked this hard and never been so unsure of the result.... I mean, let's be honest, self-discipline is not my strongest suit. One of my interests on myspace is "skating-by." But all of the sudden I feel scared and nauseous all of the time (although perhaps there are a number of reasons for that) and like I should always be doing something I'm not and will never have time to do everything I am supposed to. I am abstractly afraid of failure and in constant doubt of my intelligence and grasp of both the material and anything at all. So in some ways it is like depression, except its not something entirely within my head, its actually mostly in the external world. So thats kind of weird and different.
My newer theory of law school is that the whole point is to take a bunch of really smart people, work them to death and make them doubt themselves and their abilities for as long as possible. And then release them on the world and make jokes about how they are all assholes. It's like some sick social psych experiment.
Anyway, just a week to go until 1/6 of the pie will be gone. And then I'll be PISSED.
Also, to come, a full review of Season 5 of 24. Because I have pushed on and now only have 5 episodes left. For now, I will say, I still hate Kim.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment