I spent a lot of time at airports today-- Austin, Houston and O'Hare. I like the airport. I like walking up and down each concourse, figuring out the food/retail options, I like people-watching, I like figuring out the personality of each airport-- because, while it doesn't necessarily reflect that of the city its in, they each kind of have their own.
Anyway, in my 3 hours in Houston, I was thinking about falling in love with strangers. This doesn't happen to me so much anymore, maybe because I rarely ride public transportation, but you know that feeling of standing in close proximity to someone else and by virtue of the fact that you're roughly the same age, maybe look like people who would get along, you find yourself imagining them to be your destiny?
Ok, hopefully you're still with me. I was thinking this today while waiting for the broken train that takes you between terminals at George H.W. Bush airport about a blondish late-twenty-something guy with an ethnic-looking manbag. I had it all planned out. Once the train finally came, we boarded and I noticed he had a tattoo of some passage from Luke on his ankle.
Game Over.
The other thing of note that happened at the airport was walking past Stephen Colbert after deplaning at O'Hare. I didn't say anything, just smiled. But, wow, cool, huh?
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Stephen Colbert has a tat of a passage from Luke on his ankle?!?
Post a Comment