I like it here and I've been shown a great time by my awesome hosts. That being said, I realized yesterday why certain places always seem a little off or constructed to me (the state of California, included.) Being a cold-weather junkie, I think cities seem weird when they're designed around the fact that the weather is always nice. It lends a certain vacation-feel to the whole place that I at some level I can't reconcile. Uhhh... so this is all great, but what do you do when it's ten below?
There also seems to be a phenomenon with Austin's drinking water where it tastes like dirt. Lauren explained this last night, some thing to do with algae and the reservoir... I was just gratified to know I wasn't insane. About this.
I am also taking order for the "Texas is bigger than France" t-shirts being sold at the hotel gift shop where the convention is being held.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One please. Seriously. While I have a promise to myself to never spend money in Texas (this dates back to gwb's days as Gov.,so I guess my promise should really be to never buy anything in America, but I digress), this unilateral contract does not prevent me from accepting hilarious gifts.
Yes, we are awesome.
Post a Comment