Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pumping the Positivity

So perhaps I am a little more new-agey than I'd like to think. In some philosophical combination of the Serenity Prayer and "living well is the best revenge," I'm doing what I can to improve myself in order to improve my situation. So I think I'm going to skip town tomorrow. I haven't been paying attention in class, haven't really been doing my homework (I do it, but couldn't tell you now what it was about...) and have found myself getting crazy in ways I don't like about silly things. So it's time to reset. And I'm making no progress, in school or in my own life development if I let myself act in ways I'm not or don't like. And now, a Jon Stewarty moment of zen, just to inform you and remind me that Madison can be a lovely place to live:



Om.

2 comments:

Julia B said...

Are you skipping town to go to Minnesota? I believe not 1 but 2 of my sisters will be there. And if you were there, it would be 3. sigh.

kristina said...

I wish. I still have to resort to virtually hanging out with my wife as she sits in the parking lot of an abandoned movie theater and I steal espresso infused vodka from my mom's freezer as I house-sit. I wish that Michigan was just on the other side of the river.