Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Awww...

I liked this article. I sent it to my dad, because it reminded me of the trip he and I took over Spring Break my junior year in high school. We drove from NY to Boston to PA to DC and back to NY and went on a million tours. It's when I first learned of, and saw Wesleyan. Things like that, upon reflection, feel like love. The college trip and the Little House on the Prairie tour through Wisconsin, Minnesota and South Dakota circa 1989, make me feel like my dad really loves me. Which kind of counters the first two weeks of law school where all he told me was that I didn't know anything. And this was pretty nice, too:
OK I am a little teary eyed and maudlin, but you are my one and only....and I had to try to get this parenting thing close to right...sometimes it works.
Because "I only got one shot, sorry you turned out so bad" could really make a girl feel bad.

No comments: