Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Gopher by birth, Badger by choice."


... as the cashier at Whole Foods described me this morning.

I attended my first Big Ten football game this afternoon. In discussing it, please keep in mind, that I a) was stone-cold sober and b) don't like football. But it was GREAT. So fun. There are all these songs (like the one that ends with, "when you say Wisconsin, you've said it all..."), actions (jingling of keys, this back and forth davening-like thing, lots of dancing.) And no doubt would going having had a few beers make it more fun (just couldn't do it for 11 am gametime.) These Badgers know something about having a good time...



I've never been involved in anything like it. And while I could do with getting knocked into my fewer shitfaced 19 yr olds... I'd totally do it again. I never knew what I was missing-- has this been going on most fall weekends in Minneapolis for my entire life and I just didn't know?

For more photos.

2 comments:

kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kristina said...

Learn to love football. You claim to be American and free and freedom-loving Americans also love football. There's a reason freedom and football both begin with "f."

The only other people I know who hate football are Eduardo and Phil. You know what they have in common, right? They are not American. You do the math.