Sunday, October 08, 2006

A few days away...

This weekend was very good and very good for me. I spent some time with grandma, I got some work done and got the feeling I might have some idea what's going on in school... so dropping out and going to culinary school has once again been put on the back burner (pun? oh yeah, it was intended.)
Some things that happened:
*David's friend who is known for being built like a square said to me, "I am very intuitive about people, and I can tell that you're a very genuine person." So that was nice.
*A woman who left $40 in the ATM, after we returned it to her, tried to confide in me about how she was about to find her ex-husband and "beat his ass" because she didn't have any money. I was reminded that I was in Indiana. I tried to just kind of smile like I could relate.
*I watched 4 episodes of Lost and 3 of Six Feet Under, I think I finally "get it" with Six Feet Under.
*I did some anger management, which is pictured here:















* I went running--twice!--it had been awhile... unless you count speed-walking to school at 7:38am for my 7:45 class. Which I don't.
* I bumped and ground with Notre Dame undergrads and it felt like 2am, but was really 4pm.
* Just when we were getting a little too drunk, a man appeared with a platter of cheeseburgers and gave us each one... The Hamburger Fairy. One of the best things that has even happened.
* I got some good deals at the GAP outlet.
* I got an oil-change.
* I determined that I have athlete's foot on my hand... which is gross, I know. But if you can't share this stuff with the internet, who can you share it with?
* I refound a lot of music on the drive on my ipod.
* I made myself a little hoarse singing along with the entirety of RENT on the way back today.
* I remembered that Lakeside is my favorite place in the world:

No comments: