A few things I thought about today:
1) My new ipod. I bought one. The old one got lost (I prefer to think of it as stolen, but whatevs) and I... just... really... wanted... one. I missed it so much. It had been weeks. Sad weeks. So I marched down to the Wisconsin DOIT tech store over lunch and picked up a real beauty. It's really cool. Black and sexy... in contrast to its owner. And I watched an episode of LOST on it in bed. Which in practice isn't that different than bringing the laptop into bed and watching a DVD... but, you know, new toys are fun.
2) Speaking of LOST, I am now caught up with the current season. Like, the one that will be on TV tomorrow night. Those of you who know my television-watching habits and preferences know that this does NOT fall under them. But I think LOST really is THAT good. While some of my contemporaries have a laundry list of gripes about the show, my main one is how often they fall down. I mean, they've been there for two months now... haven't they learned to watch where they're going? They always run too fast and then BAM, they're on their stomachs and something bad happens. But, damn, those folks are FOINE.
3) One of the most compelling and least-often considered reasons for going back to school? Free condoms. You'd think maybe that being law students, we wouldn't have to have them given to us to use them. By many accounts over the past two months, this is not true. We are less responsible than your average 18 yr old from Osh Kosh (for those not from the upper midwest, yes that's a real place. Like Kalamazoo. And Timbuktu, for that matter.) Anyway, free condoms are a fun bonus. Besides, now I can take my mind off of purchasing prophylactics and put it back on that whole hunt for someone to love and tolerate.
4) If you look at pictures of some of these aforementioned dumb law students from parties last weekend, you'll also see that uncreatively dressing up as a random slut.... well, that never goes out of style. No matter how many advanced degrees you get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment