Sunday, October 01, 2006

Last Night was Lovely

Last night was lovely. I had a dinner party with 8-10 guests and everything was delicious and funny and laid-back and infused with cheap wine. Perhaps my four favorite adjectives? Folks came over at about 7:30, the last left after 2am and it really was just filled with gossip and laughing and good food. It remains weird how so many social things feel tenuous, on the other hand, things like last night feel great and natural and like there's something real forming. And great to also talk to people about how we really are all going through the same thing-- the self-doubt, the feelings of being overwhelmed, the isolating nature of this venture.
In related news, I discovered a really good (or at least seemed really good in hour 4 of the party) wine at Whole Foods, which is organic and on sale for $4.99. I was also dismayed to see that perhaps the belowmentioned propaganda isn't cutting it for the state of Wisconsin. Goddamned California.

Unrelatedly: Hustle and Flow is not a good movie. Now from Netflix, The Notebook. Which I haven't seen, but from what I've heard, I may spend Yom Kippur crying.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I just sent Hustle & Flow back! I didn't understand a g-damn word anyone said for like the first 30 minutes of the film. But I did kind of like the skinny white kid.

Lauren said...

Yeah, I didn't like it either. I also had that pimp song in my head forever.