So this is just a small brag over a small thing that I'm rather pleased with. Last Thursday I went to a fundraising meeting to get a group of us to Austin next month for a convention. We could apply for a grant through UW and I volunteered/was roped into writing it. It was due within hours. So I had this kind of crazy evening of grant writing/preparing to be on-call in Contracts the next day evening. And not only did I do fine in Contracts, but after a hearing and presentation this evening (which was not unlike the 3rd level of hell...), I just learned I scored us $326. Which isn't a lot for 8 people... but woo-hoo.
On another note, this hearing was. so. so. weird. We presented along side the Campus Crusade for Christ (they invite folks of "the non-christian faith" to come along to their weekend retreat and "observe how Christians act."), the Undergraduate Zoological Society which was seeking a grant to go to the Crane Institute in Baraboo (which is 40 miles away), the Indian Grad Student Alliance trying to finance their annual Diwali festival and an organization run by a certain Wesleyan Alum who is now a Med Student and also used to be blond, but now has magenta hair and didn't acknowledge we might know one another. Email me for details, closest guess wins a prize.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
how can i get a prize? the game is unfair.
Post a Comment