Every time I've been to the dentist in the past five years, I've asked them to remove it. They've all said, "Oh, well if it's really bothering you we can, otherwise you should leave it in." Fine. So this afternoon as I'm flossing my teeth, the retainer comes loose. Hmmm... now that I'm in a new city, without a dentist or dental insurance, entering my second week of law school... I AM SO GLAD I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS. Jesus, how annoying. Meanwhile, I am cleaning my apartment which quickly became completely disgusting as this week as every dish I used, item of clothing I wore and thing I spilled is exactly where I left it. And it's the first Badger football homegame. For me, this only means streams of people wearing red parading past my window. Which is actually only a kind of lovely distraction on this otherwise grey day.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Broken
I got braces in 6th grade. I got the braces off a year and a half later and that was that. Not too traumatic, I got good teeth of out it... fine. When they removed my braces, they installed this "permanent" retainer (which was a good thing since I wore the non-permanent one all of 3 days...)
Every time I've been to the dentist in the past five years, I've asked them to remove it. They've all said, "Oh, well if it's really bothering you we can, otherwise you should leave it in." Fine. So this afternoon as I'm flossing my teeth, the retainer comes loose. Hmmm... now that I'm in a new city, without a dentist or dental insurance, entering my second week of law school... I AM SO GLAD I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS. Jesus, how annoying. Meanwhile, I am cleaning my apartment which quickly became completely disgusting as this week as every dish I used, item of clothing I wore and thing I spilled is exactly where I left it. And it's the first Badger football homegame. For me, this only means streams of people wearing red parading past my window. Which is actually only a kind of lovely distraction on this otherwise grey day.
Every time I've been to the dentist in the past five years, I've asked them to remove it. They've all said, "Oh, well if it's really bothering you we can, otherwise you should leave it in." Fine. So this afternoon as I'm flossing my teeth, the retainer comes loose. Hmmm... now that I'm in a new city, without a dentist or dental insurance, entering my second week of law school... I AM SO GLAD I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS. Jesus, how annoying. Meanwhile, I am cleaning my apartment which quickly became completely disgusting as this week as every dish I used, item of clothing I wore and thing I spilled is exactly where I left it. And it's the first Badger football homegame. For me, this only means streams of people wearing red parading past my window. Which is actually only a kind of lovely distraction on this otherwise grey day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment