"I never liked football, either... until I became a student here."
Badger football began yesterday, with a triumph over Bowling Green. Or so I heard. And I still get confused because Bowling Green is the last stop on the 6 train... not a school. I guess I'd like to go to a game at some point this fall, but footballmania has only highlighted that this is a very different place than I've gone to school before...
This morning I puttered around the house and went grocery shopping. I am building an impressive collection of fake meat in the freezer and Copps' sale on Morningstar Farms did a lot of supplement it. Fake mini corn dogs? Very excited to try. On the way home, I stopped at Bagels Forever. A place Madison natives won't shut up about. It was a kind of Madison version of the Bageltique. But they're not open 24 hours. And you have to drive there. I also felt like the girl making my sandwich was judging me when she asked if I really wanted cream cheese AND tomato. Meanwhile, the woman ahead of me had asked for cream cheese and ketchup... now, THAT'S weird. I enjoyed my bagel with a diet Mountain Dew and reflected on the experience. The bagel was good, definitely better than Bruegger's, which I used to think was a good bagel back when I didn't know any better. But its no Bageltique. I was also pleased that Diet Mountain Dew is everywhere around here, sometimes even out of the fountain... this is very good for me because I love it so very much. I was even able to spread the DMD gospel to a couple of folks in my section and they're into it. Although it's kind of hard to tell if they're just humoring me and actually think I'm nuts.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DMD is like our equivalent to DDP (diet dr pepper). Isn't it great?
Post a Comment