So I've been in orientation this week. And most of what I've heard ends with, "but do whatever works for you...." But I've also heard repeatedly that in the first year of law school, people have a real hard time maintaining contact with their lives outside of school. Thankfully, I don't have a husband or children to neglect... BUT... I have a bevy of amazing friends. So I am thinking I'll resurrect the blog in order to do something of a job ("a better job" seems to be possibly misleading) of keeping those I love in touch with what is happening to me on the day-to-day.
I just wrote this to a friend, and it kind of sums up my mood at the moment:
Things have gotten real here very quickly since I now have my books AND assignments for the first days of class on Tuesday... shit! It's tough, because I've met a surprising number of people I really like.... but boy do I miss having facetime with someone who has known me for more than 2 weeks. The absolute best part of the University of Wisconsin-Madison is the terrace at Memorial Union. Imagine a huge terrace, full of students and faculty and folks from the community, on lake, where you sit and drink the cheap beer they sell... pretty much my ideal. Although it is September 1st and I am wearing a wool sweater and shorts... long shorts, I mean, I've carried over SOMETHING from my tenure in NY. I really like Madison, which is good. I like the ethos of the law school. On the first day of orientation this week, I really thought I was going to throw up before I got to school, nerves hit me like WOW. But as time has gone on, I've gotten less scared and more sure that this is totally something I can do... but it's going to be an intense year. It's also so weird to go to a huge state school... the other night I was walking home and there were literally THOUSANDS of undergrads roaming in packs and screaming. Like Wesleyan times one million... and once again, I am so thankful for what we had there.
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment