One thing I really like about my triumphant return to the midwest is how it's ok, acceptable and even fashionable to wear polar fleece. I've held onto some of the standards adopted in New York... like I didn't start wearing shorts again. I don't count my city shorts as shorts. And neither does Manhattan. But I had all this other stuff that wasn't getting worn in my NYlife. Namely hiking boots and polar fleece. And since any new "need" excites me because it opens the possibility of consumption, I'm loving it. Since I can now wear fleece jackets again... no way can I still rock the sage green one from freshman year.

Noooooo...
I.
Need.
To.
Go.
Shopping.
At REI. Or another gear shop... the stores I love but was on hiatus from. Strange because I used to be something of an outdoorswoman in my previous midwestern life but I suppressed that identity for a number of years. Much as suppressed the urge to say "pop." (Don't worry, I still say soda...)
What I like about Madison is how there are truly all kinds of people here. Ones who wear oversized sunglasses, all black, leggings and no body fat. Ones who wear Birkenstock clogs (welcome back, boys.)
And a lot of ones who wear Bucky wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment